Marketing Communications Specialist
SmartAction™ is a cutting-edge Intelligent Voice Automation (IVA/IVR) and digital customer self-service services company on a rapid growth trajectory. Our disruptive, yet well-proven technology, strong customer base, and financial strength, form a solid foundation for long-term viability.
Our solution is based on over 10 years of artificial intelligence research and development and is well positioned to fill the significant void between current technology and human call center agents. It is a truly unique solution within a rapidly expanding technology market for Cloud based AI solutions. We offer an energetic work environment, a great product, and operational and technical support, to enable the right candidate to be successful.
We are looking for a Marketing Communications Specialist to join our small but highly proficient marketing team. Based in Los Angeles (El Segundo), you will work closely with our VP, Product Marketing and other executives on shaping and executing the company’s voice, narrative, and communications across all mediums.
The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills as the core requirement for the job is writing and creative thinking to best express the brand and its product and services to the marketplace across marketing campaigns and collateral.
This includes but not limited to product sheets, blogs, ebooks, videos, case studies, solution pages, landing pages, emails, social and ad campaign copy, PowerPoint presentations, infographics, press releases, and more.
You will also work closely with other members of the team which includes but not limited to:
- The in-house Creative Director for end-to-end execution of the creative process from idea to finished asset
- The Digital Marketing Manager to assist in the creation of campaigns that generate clicks for the purpose of converting leads that ultimately result in pipeline and revenue.
- The web development team to maintain a best-of-breed website for our industry
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the VP of Product Marketing on go-to-market strategies and associated materials to educate, inform, and encourage awareness
- Leveraging your own superior writing skills to create a steady stream of outstanding written content that differentiates us in the market and resonates with target buyers (both technical and business)
- Deliver sales tools that helps the sales team close more business
- Lead voice of the customer efforts – become the expert on our customers, uncovering insights that lead to breakthrough messaging, strategy and ultimately adoption
- Stay abreast of latest SEO trends and ensure the website ranks for optimal keywords
- Strategize ongoing website changes for a compelling experience that engages our audiences and leads to measurable action
- Organic (non-paid) social strategy with regular postings to promote our most recent assets
- 4-year college degree in marketing, business administration or communication, public affairs/relations, or journalism
- Impeccable written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Highly creative in thought-process and writing style
- Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining consistent output and timelines
- Natural storytelling skills with a gift for writing and ability to work with graphics teams to create compelling content that maps our solution to customer pain points
- High proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- At least 3 years’ experience in marketing, advertising, public relations, or communications with a bonus in B2B tech marketing, ideally with SaaS products
What We Offer:
At SmartAction, you can make an immediate impact. SmartAction is made up of smart, talented and driven people looking for other high potential team members with the same attitude of innovation and excellence. We offer incredible opportunities to learn and work on projects that transform the customer experience. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and the opportunity to join a rapidly growing startup with a proven product.
To apply for this position please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Be sure to put the job title Marketing Communications Specialist in the subject line.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.