Financial Analyst, FP&A
SmartAction™ is a cutting-edge Intelligent Voice Automation (we make robots that answer phone calls and chats with AI) services company on a rapid growth trajectory. Our disruptive, yet well-proven technology, strong customer base, and financial strength, form a solid foundation for long-term viability.
Our solution is based on over 10 years of artificial intelligence research and development and is well positioned to fill the significant void between current IVR technology and human call center agents. It is a truly unique solution in an otherwise well-defined market space. We offer an energetic work environment, a great product, and operational and technical support, to enable the right candidate to be successful.
What you’ll do:
Forecasting and Annual Operating Plan
- Work on forecasting, budgeting, and long-term financial plan
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
- Conduct monthly Variance reporting (actuals/budget/prior period)
- Work on continuous development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting and Operating Plan
- Partner with product/technology and marketing to define and analyze key performance indicators that drive the business as well as develop new models to forecast growth
- Track and analyze key business drivers, trends and operating metrics
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators (KPI’s), highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Assist in compiling monthly financial reporting package for the Board
- Assist in preparing presentations for bi-monthly board meetings
- Assist with compiling monthly bank reports
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives such as pricing and customer profitability
- Develop insightful analyses for management team on critical business projects
- Conduct market and competitor analysis
- Assist with various ad hoc analyses and provide general analytical support as needed
What we’re looking for:
The candidate for the Financial Analyst will possess a record of accomplishment with proven business orientation. In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-5+ years of progressive experience in Financial Reporting/Financial Analysis, ideally in an emerging growth company
- Advanced Microsoft Excel with proven financial modeling skills and PowerPoint skills
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to analyze complex data and distill this information into meaningful reports and presentations.
- Candidate should be hands on – not afraid to wear multiple hats – no job being too small or too large.
Other Personal Characteristics
- Good chemistry and fit with the firm’s culture; a constructive positive attitude; mature and self-confident; a consensus builder and team player.
- Intelligent, bright, conceptual thinker and a quick learner with the ability to quickly assess a situation and generate new insights and usable ideas.
- A leader as well as a team player who takes responsibility for results
- Ability to positively influence others to achieve goals
- Creative and curious, able to develop new and innovative solutions to complex problems
- Outstanding reputation of professional integrity with the potential to be personally credible within the organization.
To apply for this position please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put the job title Financial Analyst in the subject line.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.