Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
SmartAction™ is a cutting-edge Intelligent Voice Automation (IVA/IVR) and digital customer self-service services company on a rapid growth trajectory. Our disruptive, yet well-proven technology, strong customer base, and financial strength, form a solid foundation for long-term viability.
Our solution is based on over 10 years of artificial intelligence research and development and is well positioned to fill the significant void between current technology and human call center agents. It is a truly unique solution within a rapidly expanding technology market for Cloud based AI solutions. We offer an energetic work environment, a great product, and operational and technical support, to enable the right candidate to be successful.
What you’ll do:
Forecasting and Annual Operating Plan (40%)
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
- Monthly Variance reporting (actuals/budget/prior period)
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Assisting the VP of Finance to compile monthly financial reporting package for board members
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting and Operating Plan
- Partner with product/technology and marketing to define and analyze key performance indicators that drive the business as well as develop new models to forecast growth
- Track and analyze key business drivers, competitive environment, trends and operating metrics
Quarter-end Close (30%)
- Account reconciliation and variance analysis
- Researching QoQ / YoY variances, as needed
- Provide robust analysis/explanations of actuals variance vs. forecast to management
- Assist with preparation of the Quarterly Board reporting package
Ad-hoc Analysis and P&L Support (30%)
- Assist with various ad hoc analyses and general analytical support to VP of Finance and various departments
- Review customer contracts before final customer signature
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Providing Management Team with in-depth analysis of customer attrition
- Assist in preparing presentations for bi-monthly board meetings
- Develop insightful analyses for management team on critical business projects
What we’re looking for
The candidate for Financial Planning and Analysis Manager will possess a record of accomplishment with proven business orientation. In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA highly preferred
- 5-7+ years of progressive experience in Finance/FP&A, ideally in an emerging growth company, private equity, or venture firm is preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel with proven financial modeling skills and PowerPoint skills
- High level of attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to prioritize demands and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to analyze complex data and distill this information into meaningful reports and presentations
- Candidate should be hands on – not afraid to wear multiple hats – no job being too small or too large
Other Personal Characteristics
- Intelligent, bright, conceptual thinker and a quick learner with the ability to quickly assess a situation and generate new insights and usable ideas
- A leader as well as a team player who takes responsibility for results
- Ability to positively influence others to achieve goals
- Good chemistry and fit with the firm’s culture; a constructive positive attitude; mature and self-confident; a consensus builder and team player
- Creative and curious, able to develop new and innovative solutions to complex problems
- Outstanding reputation of professional integrity with the potential to be personally credible within the organization
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
We offer a fun and energetic work environment in addition to M/D/V, 401k, FSA, vacation, and work-life balance.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put the job title Financial Planning and Analysis Manager in the subject line.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.