IT Security Engineer
SmartAction™ is a cutting-edge Intelligent Voice Automation (IVA/IVR) and digital customer self-service services company on a rapid growth trajectory. Our disruptive, yet well-proven technology, strong customer base, and financial strength, form a solid foundation for long-term viability.
Our solution is based on over 10 years of artificial intelligence research and development and is well positioned to fill the significant void between current technology and human call center agents. It is a truly unique solution within a rapidly expanding technology market for Cloud based AI solutions. We offer an energetic work environment, a great product, and operational and technical support, to enable the right candidate to be successful.
Our infrastructure includes two data centers, Windows servers, Hyper-V, some Linux servers and VMs (around 150 total), various network gear and a lot of home-grown software.
The position is 60-80% security related, but also includes some system administration not directly related to security.
- Help develop, manage, and enforce security related policies and procedures
- Manage and support security audits by PCI QSAs, clients, etc.
- Respond to security concerns and questionnaires from clients or prospective clients
- Participate in the design and deployment of new software systems, services, components, features, etc.
- Conduct periodic security vulnerability and penetration testing
- Lead our patch management program
- Manage system logs and security related infrastructure
- Help manage equipment in two data centers, including network infrastructure, servers, and software
- Work closely with other departments to identify and resolve operational issues
The ideal candidate will have
- Experience with IT security frameworks such as PCI and HIPAA from a B2B SaaS provider perspective
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise security tools – SIEM, IDS/IPS, WAF, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in system administration in a mixed Windows/Linux production environment
- 5+ years of experience in firewall, switch and router administration production environment
- 5+ years of experience supporting 24/7/365 high-availability operating environments
- Must reside in Los Angeles, CA area – within a reasonable commuting distance from El Segundo
- US citizenship, residence or green card required. We are unable to assist with visa requirements for non-residents. Please do not apply if you require any sponsorship.
- Deep knowledge of Windows/Linux system administration and Active Directory
- Deep knowledge of network security principals, best practices and industry standards
- Deep knowledge of IT security protocols and technologies such as PKI
- Participation in a 24/7 on-call rotation
To apply for this position please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Be sure to put the job code SE in the subject line.