IT Security Manager
SmartAction™ is a cutting-edge Intelligent Voice Automation (IVA/IVR) and digital customer self-service services company on a rapid growth trajectory. Our disruptive, yet well-proven technology, strong customer base, and financial strength, form a solid foundation for long-term viability.
Our solution is based on over 10 years of artificial intelligence research and development and is well positioned to fill the significant void between current technology and human call center agents. It is a truly unique solution within a rapidly expanding technology market for Cloud based AI solutions. We offer an energetic work environment, a great product, and operational and technical support, to enable the right candidate to be successful.
While this position is security related, there is also an expectation of some system administration duties. We are looking for an energetic, knowledgeable 100% hands-on working manager that can eventually become an SME on our platform, and lead us securely into our next growth phase.
- Help develop, manage, and enforce security related policies and procedures
- Manage and support security questionnaires and audits by PCI QSAs, clients, etc.
- Participate in the design and deployment of new software systems, services, components, features, etc.
- Conduct periodic security vulnerability and penetration testing
- Lead our patch management program
- Manage system logs and all security-related infrastructure
- Help manage equipment in two data centers, including network infrastructure, servers, and software
- Work closely with other departments to architect secure solutions, and identify/resolve operational issues
The ideal candidate will have
- Experience with IT security frameworks such as PCI and HIPAA from a B2B SaaS provider perspective
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise security tools – SIEM, IDS/IPS, WAF, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in system administration in a mixed Windows/Linux production environment
- 5+ years of experience in firewall, switch and router administration production environment
- 3+ years of experience securing cloud operating environments such as AWS/Azure/Office365
- Must reside in Los Angeles, CA area – within a reasonable commuting distance from El Segundo
- US citizenship, residence or green card required. We are unable to assist with visa requirements for non-residents. Please do not apply if you require any sponsorship.
- Deep knowledge of Windows/Linux system administration and Active Directory
- Deep knowledge of network security principals, best practices and industry standards
- Deep knowledge of IT security protocols and technologies such as PKI
- Participation in a 24/7 on-call rotation
To apply for this position please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put the job title IT Security Manager in the subject line.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.