Senior VoIP Engineer
SmartAction™ is a cutting-edge Intelligent Voice Automation (IVA/IVR) and digital customer self-service services company on a rapid growth trajectory. Our disruptive, yet well-proven technology, strong customer base, and financial strength, form a solid foundation for long-term viability.
Our solution is based on over 10 years of artificial intelligence research and development and is well positioned to fill the significant void between current technology and human call center agents. It is a truly unique solution within a rapidly expanding technology market for Cloud based AI solutions. We offer an energetic work environment, a great product, and operational and technical support, to enable the right candidate to be successful.
Under general direction, the Senior VoIP Engineer manages the design and support of voice communications, including servers, gateways, PBXs, SBCs, and similar technologies. Responsible for implementation, support, and maintenance of current and future enterprise voice network systems and applications, the candidate must be able to demonstrate strong knowledge of industry-standard telephony and UCS, circuits and techniques. The ability to troubleshoot complex problems where analysis of situation requires in-depth knowledge of common client and vendor-operated enterprise voice architectures is paramount to success.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs voice architecture with multiple providers over several data centers in various geographical locations, including international
- Coordinates client implementation projects, including the creation and execution of tactical plans in accordance with customer specifications
- Respond to complex network and voice challenges, both internally and externally
- Responsible for ensuring day-to-day operation, reliability, and integrity of the enterprise voice communications network. This includes the installation, maintenance and management of all voice equipment such as voice servers, gateways, PBX switches, circuits, servers, backup systems, network management and diagnostic tools, etc.
- Assist in the development of company policies and procedures to support voice operations, security, and integrity
- Responsible for performing system tuning, configuration, upgrades, performance management, disaster recovery, and usage reporting as required
- Responsible for leadership and training of lower level engineers
- Deep understanding of SIP call flow and can analyze complicated call signaling using packet analyzers
- Deep knowledge of network security principals, best practices and industry standards
- US citizenship, residence or green card required. We are unable to assist with visa requirements for non-residents. Please do not apply if you require any sponsorship.
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills, and working knowledge of voice systems, networks, and applications
- Participation in a 24/7 on-call rotation
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- 5+ years of experience in system administration in a mixed Windows/Linux production environment
- 5+ years of experience with Asterisk PBX and MetaSwitch Session Border Controllers, in an enterprise setting
- 5+ years of experience in firewall, switch and router administration in an active production environment
- 5+ years of experience supporting 24/7/365 high-availability operating environments
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
We offer a fun and energetic work environment in addition to M/D/V, 401k, FSA, vacation, and work-life balance.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put the job title Senior VoIP Engineer in the subject line.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.