SmartAction is a cutting-edge technology company on a rapid growth trajectory, providing the next generation of user-friendly phone call automation. Our disruptive, yet well-proven automated voice self-service platform, strong customer base, and financial strength form a solid foundation for long-term growth. Our solution is based on years of artificial intelligence research and development and is well positioned to fill the significant void between current IVR (Interactive Voice Response) technology and human call center agents. It is a truly unique solution in an otherwise well-defined market space. We offer an energetic work environment, a great product, and operational and technical support to enable the right candidate to be successful. For more information on SmartAction, visit our website at www.smartaction.ai.
Our current infrastructure includes two data centers, a mix of physical and virtual Linux and Windows servers, SQL Server, Asterisk, and a lot of home-grown software. VOIP is a major component of our business, and we are currently eye-balling cloud options for our growth.
- Help manage equipment in two data centers, including network infrastructure, servers, and software
- Help administer network monitoring system, alerting, log management, and other IT systems
- Help maintain PCI compliance, HIPAA compliance, and other security/compliance standards/audits as needed
- Identify and resolve scalability issues through monitoring, stress testing, and capacity planning
- Develop and maintain documentation
- Help identify and resolve scalability bottlenecks and critical failure points to ensure continuous performance and availability as the company grows
- Work with engineering to develop and deploy new or improved infrastructure components
- Become a guru that people will go to for issues related to data centers and infrastructure
- 3+ years of experience in server hardware and system administration in a mixed Windows/Linux production environment
- 3+ years of network architecture and management including IP routers, switches, and firewalls in a high availability production environment.
- 3+ years of experience supporting 24/7/365 high-availability environments
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed, rack/stack equipment and lift up to 70 LBS
- US citizenship, residence or green card required. We are unable to assist with visa requirements for non-residents. Please do not apply if you require any sponsorship.
Required technical proficiencies:
- Deep knowledge of Windows/Linux systems administration, as well as Active Directory
- Deep knowledge of virtualization platforms such as Hyper-V and VMware
- Working knowledge of SQL Server, including query optimization, high availability configurations and backup
- Working knowledge of Office365 administration
- PowerShell and/or Bash/Python/Perl scripting
- Experience in cloud extensions and/or transitions to AWS or Azure
- Working knowledge of IP networking, including routing protocols (OSPF, BGP), firewall and switch configuration, IPSec VPNs, MPLS, etc.
- Experience managing one or more network monitoring systems such as Solarwinds, Zenoss, Nagios
- Working knowledge of IT security protocols and technologies such as PKI
- Familiarity with IT security best practices and standards such as PCI and HIPAA
- Experience with storage and backup technologies such as iSCSI SAN, HPE Nimble and Veeam
What we’d love to see:
- Working knowledge of VOIP, including QoS, SIP, PBX configuration, SBCs, monitoring and diagnostics
- Reside in Los Angeles, CA area – within a reasonable commuting distance from El Segundo
To apply for this position please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put the job title Systems Administrator in the subject line.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.