VP of IT
SmartAction™ is a cutting-edge Intelligent Voice Automation (IVA/IVR) and digital customer self-service services company on a rapid growth trajectory. Our disruptive, yet well-proven technology, strong customer base, and financial strength, form a solid foundation for long-term viability.
Our solution is based on over 10 years of artificial intelligence research and development and is well positioned to fill the significant void between current technology and human call center agents. It is a truly unique solution within a rapidly expanding technology market for Cloud based AI solutions. We offer an energetic work environment, a great product, and operational and technical support, to enable the right candidate to be successful.
- Oversee the management of two data centers, including all network infrastructure, servers, and software
- Manage the IT budget (office and data centers) including all hardware, software, services and support renewals
- Manage the Infrastructure and InfoSec teams (currently 6 people), including how they integrate with other departments
- Maintain PCI and HIPAA compliance, and other security/compliance standards/audits as needed
- Oversee the telephony infrastructure, managing relationships with telecom carriers/SIP providers
- Work with clients as needed to identify telephony and data integration solutions, overseeing SIP integration projects
- Identify and resolve scalability bottlenecks and critical failure points to ensure continuous performance and availability as the company grows
- Ensure that all critical systems and processes are well documented and monitored appropriately
- Work with engineering to develop new or improved infrastructure components
- Support the deployment of new products and features
- Become the guru that people will go to for all things related to data centers and infrastructure, solving difficult technical problems that have everyone else stumped
The ideal candidate will have
- Some experience with managing carrier-grade telephony infrastructure, including SBCs and PBX
- Experience growing a team from a start-up level to mid-enterprise level or through growth pattern
- Knowledge of application architecture and APIs, preferably C#/.NET
- 5+ years’ experience managing a highly available, high security production data center
- Must reside in Los Angeles, CA area – within a reasonable commuting distance from El Segundo
- US citizenship, residence or green card required. We are unable to assist with visa requirements for non-residents. Please do not apply if you require any sponsorship.
Required technical proficiencies
- Deep knowledge of IP networking, including routing protocols (OSPF, BGP), firewall and switch configuration, IPSec VPNs, MPLS, etc.
- Deep knowledge of Windows and Linux server system administration, including storage technologies such as iSCSI SAN
- Deep knowledge of virtualization technologies and tools (Hyper-V and VMware)
- Familiarity with SQL Server Enterprise, including high availability configurations and backup
- Deep knowledge of IT security protocols and technologies such as SSL/TLS and PKI
- Familiarity with IT security best practices and frameworks such as PCI, HIPAA and SOC2
- Experience with managing and securing cloud technologies (Office365, Azure, AWS, etc.)
Bonus points for
- Experience with Asterisk PBX
- Experience with SIP
To apply for this position please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put the job title VP of IT in the subject line.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.