SmartAction™ is a cutting-edge Intelligent Voice Automation (IVA/IVR) and digital customer self-service services company on a rapid growth trajectory. Our disruptive, yet well-proven technology, strong customer base, and financial strength, form a solid foundation for long-term viability.
Our solution is based on over 10 years of artificial intelligence research and development and is well positioned to fill the significant void between current technology and human call center agents. It is a truly unique solution within a rapidly expanding technology market for Cloud based AI solutions. We offer an energetic work environment, a great product, and operational and technical support, to enable the right candidate to be successful.
We are currently looking for a VUI Designer to join our Customer Operations team and help us grow. The VUI Designer role is responsible for monitoring the overall health and performance of existing client applications as well as evaluating the overall quality of newly developed applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions will include roles in VUI/Conversation design, Product Feedback, TTS Tuning, Experimentation & Survey, Voice Talent Lead, and Thought Leadership, but will not be limited to the following:
- Serve as SmartAction’s subject matter expert on Voice User Interface (VUI) design and provide thought leadership to internal teams, clients and sales prospects
- Responsible for both the initial and ongoing design of call-flows as well as re-design efforts aimed at enhancing caller experience or incorporating new channels such as SMS, chat, etc.
- Lead or oversee customer-facing requirements elicitation and design sessions
- Create detailed call-flows and design specifications in both pre and post sales contexts
- Provide leadership, direction and mentoring to a QA team of 3-6 direct reports
- Work with existing QA team to identify, develop, and formalize QA procedures and best practices
- Oversee, manage and drive testing efforts for multiple projects and multiple project teams
- Manage resource allocations across multiple projects and ensure that project timelines and client commitments are being met
- Create and formalize processes for application performance reviews, tuning and optimization
- Oversee, manage, and drive testing efforts for multiple projects with multiple project teams
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- 5+ years of quality assurance and testing experience (preferably with IVR solutions) along with strong understanding of QA processes, methodologies and best practices
- 5+ years of VUI design experience
- 3+ years of experience managing direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Be extremely detail-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
To apply for this position please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put the job title VUI Designer in the subject line.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.